The purpose/mission of the National Brain Injury Foundation is to provide social support groups, advocacy, and information to people with brain injuries and their families.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kahrmann Blog: We Are Not Children, We Are Not Slaves: Living With a Brain Injury - Part I and II.

Discrimination denies people what they deserve – their freedom.

I have lived with a brain injury for nearly 20 years and have worked in the field for nearly 15 of those years. Raised in a civil rights family I am very much an advocate for every individual’s right to be who they are, in safety, with equality, in the world they live in. When I talk with survivors of brain injuries in this state and others, the number one complaint I hear is, "They treat us like we are children." Tragically this is true....

Please take a look at the Kahrmann Blog for the rest of the story.
Very good reading and perspective.
http://thekahrmannblog.blogspot.com